openscrolls - daggerfall opensource toolbox
openscrolls is an attempt to create a set of opensource tools to
handle the game data of the two first Elder Scrolls games namely Daggerfall
Every year since 2006 I spend a couple hours figuring out how to decode the
game data of Daggerfall. Since I learn new stuff every year, all the tools
added every year are using a different language or library, excuse the mess.
Here are the tools available at the moment:
- book_reader.py - Application mimicking the in-game book reader
allowing you to pick any book from your Daggerfall installation and
read it exactly like in-game.
- imgviewer - Image viewer for the few weird formats
that can be found in the data, written in C/SDL.
- menu - An attempt to replicate the starting menu
using the core of the above imgviewer, but with only a couple hours it
didn't go too far, written in C/SDL.
- skyviewer.py - SkyViewer in Python. Allow you to
read the skys at different moment of the day, and activate the sun.
- unbsa.py - Extract all the parts/records within
a specific .BSA file. The Python class also allow to fetch individual
- list_monster.py - Using the above to read MONSTER.BSA,
this little tool will start parsing the default characteristics of
the different monsters (uncomplete).
- font_viewer.py - Tool to see all the available glyphs
in the fonts shipping with Daggerfall.
Scripts and source code: openscrolls-0.3.0.tar.gz (57K, SHA1: 5aa316abab5c88df3b663f599b7df4fc16b9a60f)